Sports massage is an effective and beneficial form of physical therapy for:
- Anyone taking part in regular physical activity, be it at a professional level or just for fun. Toxins & waste products can build up in the muscle after strenuous exercise. After a period of time this can cause injury. Regular sports massage can reduce the risk of soft tissue* injuries as well as helping to prevent recurrence.
- Athletes adopting sports massage into their training schedule can help prevent injuries and by removing these toxins and waste products, improve performance by increasing stamina, strength and suppleness, giving you the competitive edge.
- Those requiring therapy after a soft tissue* injury.
- Those seeking relief from muscle tension or requiring massage for maintenance of healthy muscles.
- Poor posture, too long sitting in front of computer screens and stress , sports massages can help alleviate many of these symptoms leading to a healthier happier life.
Benefits of Sports Massage:
- Mobilises muscle fibres
- Stretches soft tissue
- Loosens adhesions
- Improves movement of blood and lymph
- Improves flexibility- e.g. Sciatica, frozen shoulder
- Reduces swelling – e.g. ligament sprains, muscle strains.
- Relieves muscle tension – e.g. neck, shoulder pain
- Repetitive strain injuries – e.g. tennis elbow, shin splint
*soft tissue refers to tissues that connect, support, or surround bones, joints and organs of the body.
Sports Massage is available from Nicky Shechter at clinics in Hereford and Malvern. Find out more and book an appointment